By Charlie Human
Publish 12 months note: First released July eighth 2013 via Umzi (Random condo South Africa)
Baxter Zevcenko's existence is lovely candy. He's creating a identify for himself because the kingpin of his smut-peddling high-school syndicate, the opposite gangs are staying out of his enterprise,
and he's courting the woman of his desires, Esme.
But while Esme will get abducted, issues begin to get heavily bizarre, and the one guy under the influence of alcohol sufficient to assist is a bearded, booze-soaked, supernatural bounty hunter that is going via the identify of Jackson 'Jackie' Ronin.
Plunged into the more and more strange panorama of Cape Town's supernatural underworld, Baxter and Ronin staff as much as retailer Esme. On a trip that takes them in the course of the geographical regions of impossibility, they need to face each feasible nightmare to get her again, together with the bizarre brush with the Apocalypse.
Read or Download Apocalypse Now Now (Apocalypse Now Now, Book 1) PDF
Similar supernatural books
The final word fortunate holiday provides John Harris and his family members the chance to meet their wildest desires. yet all goals have a darker facet, and John's earlier is rarely far-off, able to achieve via to solid its shadow.
One hundred years in the past, their new domestic was once the scene for unusual occasions that can't simply be defined. As John feels his earlier draw ever closer, he understands that he needs to stand up to his inner most fears if he's to avoid heritage repeating itself.
And because the prior and current collide, a strength past his regulate or comprehension is seeking one, ultimate conflict.
Don't omit this exciting choice of romance, suspense and a splash of paranormal from manhattan instances bestselling writer Heather Graham. Bestselling titles include:
• The Island: On a weekend holiday Beth Anderson is unnerved whilst a walk at the seashore finds what seems to be a cranium. As a stranger ways, Beth panics and covers the proof. but if she later returns to the seashore, the cranium is long gone. made up our minds to discover sturdy proof to carry to the police, Beth digs deeper into the secret of the cranium. ..
• Ghost stroll: Nikki DuMonde's most modern worker is status on the finish of her mattress at 4 o'clock within the morning begging for aid. It's a comic story, correct? in addition to, as supervisor of a winning New Orleans haunted-tour corporation, Nikki doesn't scare simply. yet within the gentle of day, harsh truth units in as a police officer informs her that Andy used to be brutally murdered—at the precise time Nikki swears the distraught lady used to be in her room.
• Killing Kelly: taking part in a malicious diva on a well-liked sunlight hours cleaning soap, actress Kelly Trent has garnered greater than her fair proportion of hate mail. She doesn't think an individual would truly confuse her together with her personality, but if an coincidence at the set hits too shut for the producers' convenience, Kelly is unceremoniously wear hiatus.
• The imaginative and prescient: whilst Deep Down Salvage starts the search for the Josephine Marie, it kind of feels like several different dive. .. till Genevieve Wallace sees the imaginative and prescient of a lifeless lady within the water, her vacant eyes dull into Genevieve's very soul. Terrified and pressured by means of what she observed, Genevieve is haunted via the reminiscence, yet no one—including her diving accomplice Thor Thompson—believes her. whilst a lifeless lady washes up on shore, each person assumes this is often Genevieve's "vision," yet Genevieve is aware the reality: the lifeless lady isn't the ghost she observed yet one other sufferer of an analogous brutal killer.
Jules Verne, one of many founding fathers of technology fiction, used to be the writer of such exciting and perennial favorites as world wide in 80 Days, trip to the guts of the Earth, and Twenty Thousand Leagues lower than the ocean, in addition to greater than sixty different novels of experience and exploration.
- Passing Strange: True Tales of New England Hauntings and Horrors
- The Middle House: Return to Cold Creek Hollow (Haunted, Book 10)
- No Rest for the Wiccan (Bewitching Mysteries, No. 4)
- Death by Pantyhose (A Jaine Austen Mystery)
- The Tradition of Household Spirits: Ancestral Lore and Practices
Additional info for Apocalypse Now Now (Apocalypse Now Now, Book 1)
Don't let anything happen to them. " He pulled the old black man into his arms, and if there were tears, only the two of them knew. Thus began Uncle Eb's role as protector of the Gordon family and their property. Late every afternoon he would begin his rounds, checking to make sure the gates were closed and the doors to the big house were locked (they had never been locked before), that the fires were safely banked, and that no strangers were lurking about the place. He moved a pallet to the wide upstairs hall, putting it just outside Annie's door.
Better than any, maybe. They used to tell about a drunk passenger who went to sleep in the day coach of a train chugging through southern Mississippi. The conductor came through the coach taking up tickets, and waked the snoring man to ask where he was going. "I'm going to Hell," the passenger replied. "All right. Go back to sleep. I'll put you off at Beauregard," the conductor said. That was the kind of reputation the town had. Such a reputation was not entirely undeserved. Beauregard had seven saloons lined up along the railroad tracks, saloons so big and so busy that visitors from cities such as Jackson, Vicksburg, or even New Orleans itself were amazed and impressed.
One of the victims Suddenly at the edge of the Trace, Hare saw a beautiful white horse. Page 51 begged to have his watch returned to him. It was a family heirloom, he said. Hare was moved by the man's family pride, and he agreed to return the timepiece. Hare held a lantern high so that the light would fall on the pile of stolen jewelry and he could select the watch the man prized so highly. The lantern illumined the watchand Hare's face. Two days later when Hare was in a fine tailoring shop in Baltimore trying to decide between a crimson silk coat and a bold plaid jacket, the owner of the watch appeared in the store, recognized Hare, and had him arrested.