By Rachel Caine, Kelly Gay, Kevin Hearne, Kelly Meding, Rob Thurman, Jennifer Estep, Allison Pang, Seanan McGuire, Delilah S. Dawson
<I >Come one, come all! The Carniepunk halfway grants you each thrill and sit back a touring carnival provides. yet worry now not! city fantasy’s greatest stars are the following to lead you thru this unusual and hazardous international. . . .</I>
RACHEL CAINE’s vampires aren’t child’s play, as a naïve teenager discovers while her center leads her a ways, a long way off track in “The chilly Girl.” With “Parlor Tricks,” JENNIFER ESTEP pits Gin Blanco, the fundamental murderer, opposed to the Wheel of demise and a few dangerously creepy clowns. SEANAN McGUIRE narrates a poignant, airy story of a mysterious carnival that returns to a perilous city after two decades in “Daughter of the halfway, the Mermaid, and the Open, Lonely Sea.” KEVIN HEARNE’s Iron Druid and his wisecracking Irish wolfhound notice in “The Demon Barker of Wheat Street” that the impossibly healthy sounding Kansas Wheat competition is really no longer a fit position to hang around. With an eerie, unpredictable twist, ROB THURMAN unearths the destiny of a psychopath stalking younger carnies in “Painted Love.”
Read or Download Carniepunk PDF
Similar supernatural books
The final word fortunate holiday offers John Harris and his family members the chance to satisfy their wildest desires. yet all goals have a darker facet, and John's previous is rarely far-off, able to achieve via to forged its shadow.
One hundred years in the past, their new domestic used to be the scene for unusual occasions that can't simply be defined. As John feels his earlier draw ever closer, he is familiar with that he needs to stand up to his private fears if he's to avoid background repeating itself.
And because the previous and current collide, a strength past his regulate or comprehension is seeking one, ultimate conflict.
Don't omit this exciting selection of romance, suspense and a splash of paranormal from big apple instances bestselling writer Heather Graham. Bestselling titles include:
• The Island: On a weekend holiday Beth Anderson is unnerved whilst a walk at the seashore unearths what seems to be a cranium. As a stranger techniques, Beth panics and covers the proof. but if she later returns to the seashore, the cranium is long past. made up our minds to discover good facts to carry to the police, Beth digs deeper into the secret of the cranium. ..
• Ghost stroll: Nikki DuMonde's most up-to-date worker is status on the finish of her mattress at 4 o'clock within the morning begging for aid. It's a funny story, correct? along with, as supervisor of a winning New Orleans haunted-tour corporation, Nikki doesn't scare simply. yet within the gentle of day, harsh fact units in as a police officer informs her that Andy used to be brutally murdered—at the precise time Nikki swears the distraught lady used to be in her room.
• Killing Kelly: enjoying a malicious diva on a favored daylight hours cleaning soap, actress Kelly Trent has garnered greater than her fair proportion of hate mail. She doesn't think an individual would actually confuse her together with her personality, but if an coincidence at the set hits too shut for the producers' convenience, Kelly is unceremoniously wear hiatus.
• The imaginative and prescient: while Deep Down Salvage starts off the search for the Josephine Marie, it sort of feels like all different dive. .. till Genevieve Wallace sees the imaginative and prescient of a useless girl within the water, her vacant eyes dull into Genevieve's very soul. Terrified and stressed via what she observed, Genevieve is haunted by way of the reminiscence, yet no one—including her diving companion Thor Thompson—believes her. while a useless girl washes up on shore, each person assumes this can be Genevieve's "vision," yet Genevieve is familiar with the reality: the lifeless lady isn't the ghost she observed yet one other sufferer of an identical brutal killer.
Jules Verne, one of many founding fathers of technology fiction, used to be the writer of such exciting and perennial favorites as around the globe in 80 Days, trip to the guts of the Earth, and Twenty Thousand Leagues below the ocean, in addition to greater than sixty different novels of event and exploration.
- The Rook , Edition: 1ST
- Nightmare (Nightingale, Book 3)
- Dark World: Into the Shadows with the Lead Investigator of The Ghost Adventures Crew
- Angels, Demons & Gods of the New Millennium
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 13
- Odd Thomas: An Odd Thomas Novel
Extra info for Carniepunk
The sanitarium’s grounds were crawling with paranormal enthusiasts, curiosity seekers, and dedicated spirit photographers. They had traveled not only from Louisville, but from all over Kentucky, bordering states, and even as far away as Florida. Under the looming shadow of the sanitarium, I wasted no time setting up my recording equipment at a nearby picnic table. After briefly talking to two or three people, word spread that I was The Performance of Legend-Tripping 23 a folklorist interested in hearing supernatural experience narratives and in seeing evidence of ghosts.
Folklorist Carl Lindahl was the first to suggest that ostension has the potential to inspire a sense of religious and spiritual awe. He studied the activities of a Hispanic San Antonio community whose members routinely visit “gravity hill”—a railroad crossing where the laws of gravity are seemingly defied. According to local legend, one rainy night a school bus stalled on the tracks and, despite the efforts of the driver to move it to safety, was smashed by an oncoming train, tragically killing all the children inside.
Most physical legend-tripping sites are out-of-the-way, secluded places, and just as a car allows teens to explore places that were previously inaccessible, so do legend-tripping locales provide for experiences generally inaccessible in everyday life. The desire to test conventional, experiential, and metaphysical limits cannot merely be attributed to the adventurousness of rebellious youth, The Performance of Legend-Tripping 31 however, nor can simply visiting an alleged supernatural site be considered a legend- trip.